Sunday 2 March 2014

Might As Well......

Yes, I am procrastinating again. Since I have nothing better to do, I thought I might as well post something on this cobweb-covered blog. *flicks spider away*

So let's talk about what I've been up to since the last time I posted a post on this blog. For starters,Chinese New Year happened. It was the usual routine: visiting families and cousins and friends and my grandma's sister's son's cousin (unnecessary, I know), eating fattening food (surprisingly no weight was gained), and of course everyone's favourite part of it: getting red packets filled with money. Most of it was banked in (what else, eaten and pooped then flushed down the toilet?), but I left some of it with myself to spend on outings with friends (why you guys have to go to places that I need to spend T_T) and to buy myself some books \(^w^)/ !

Just before all that, I decided to quit my Diploma in Culinary Arts in Sunway University. As to why, it's pretty a combination of stress, better choice and acceptance. It turns out this course is not for the fainthearted, for they pound years of experience and knowledge into you within months (ouch), and you have to be able to perform the tasks of a skilled commis chef while only have taken months (yes, months) of lessons in actual practical kitchen cooking. That's like expecting you to drive like a race car driver after only getting your Learner's License. Painful. That has earned a 'no' from my tired body and mind (albeit after five months of this course).

Next on the list is what I'm going to take next. I decided to take up what my aunt suggested to me before all of these shenanigans: mass communication and then branch into journalism. She told me that I have an abundance of miscellaneous knowledge (flattered), and that I have a way with words. This actually stunned me into brief silence as I did not expect nice things to come from her. Now don't get me wrong, she's a nice person, but we often communicate in a more aggressive manner (oh the usual, slightly sarcastic choice of words and tones), and hearing all this from her reassured my undecided thought. I will become a journalist. *swipes tear*  Ehem, back to now. After doing some research, I decided to take ADTP, which is actually American Degree Transfer Program, in Taylor's University (No any particular reason for taking this in Taylor's, just pick the one you like the best). I wouldn't go into detail as to what the course offers, but I would tell you that it offers two years of local study, then two years in the United States. That is, if I finish the two years here.

After much delay I finally went and listened to my Driving Regulations Class for my Learner's License test, but I have yet to take the test and tIME'S RUNNING OUT! (Breathe, that's it, breatheeee) The instructor has yet to deliver my question book for me to practise, and he has not called back. I REALLY hope he gives me the book by tomorrow.

All that aside, there has been no constructive progress in my life whatsoever, and therefore is time for panic. ARGHHHHHURGHHHHHAHHHHHHHWHYHAVEIDONENOTHINGYET.

I really don't know what constructive posts I could write. Maybe something next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment